- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Film analysis- Anna And The King
Are you in the right place?
Jump to History and see how teachers think you should prepare in:
The first 200 words of this essay...
Film analysis-Anna And The King
When we want to analyze a film, we must know what films represent.
Film is the term we use to describe a particular material and medium of communication that has certain specific properties governed by certain physical laws...use to produce particular communicative texts that formulate particular fields of symbolic meaning and effects, and meet particular sets of criteria that give them particular value.
(Sobchack et al, 1987, P.3).
We need to investigate the films deeply so as to understand its explicit and implicit meanings. I am going to investigate a film, Anna And The King thematically so as to understand the explicit and implicit meanings of this film and how the meanings were conveyed through characterization, setting, point of view and dialogues.
I am going to talk about the explicit meanings of the film first. Explicit meanings are the " openly asserted meanings" (Bordwell et al, 2001, p.46) of the film and it tells the audience what the story is about. In Anna And The King, the story is about the epic true story of an Englishwoman, Anna Leonwens, who challenged the king of Siam, King Maha
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
USA 1941-80 (view all)
- Apartheid was created by Dr Malan, and was introduced in 194...
- Steve Biko - Methods of Resistance
- Do you agree that Martin Luther King was the most important ...
- Why was Martin Luther King both so bitterly criticised, and ...
- Dr Martin Luther King And Sir Abraham Lincoln
- The Life of Martin Luther King. Jr
- Theories on the John F. Kennedy Assassination
- Who were the KKK and what did they do?
- The Treatment of African American Citizens in 1950
- The USA in the 1960s. Study Representations 1, 2 and 3 Choo...
""Salma Ahmed. Law and English. GCSE Student.
""Sabrina, Washington. IB English, History, Chemistry, Anthropology.