- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Henry viii and his wives
The first 200 words of this essay...
Henry VIII and His Wives
Catherine of Aragon- Henry VIII's first wife and mother of Mary I
Catherine was the youngest daughter of Ferdinand and Isabella of Spain and she came to England in 1501 at the age of 16 to marry Henry VII's eldest son and heir to the throne, Arthur. The two married in 1501 but Arthur died in 1502. So Henry the VIII married her in 11th June 1509 which made him become king. They never had a son but had a daughter who is names as Mary (bloody Mary). He wanted a boy to take heir to the throne and as Katherine was getting too old to produce another baby. He divorced her and ....
Anne Boleyn - Henry VIII's second wife and mother of Elizabeth
Anne Boleyn was born in 1501. She had secretly married in 1533 after Anne became pregnant. This marriage wasn't really popular as people believed that Anne was a witch and cast a spell on Henry to marry her. In September 1533 the baby was born and like Catherine it was a girl was named Elizabeth. The thought of having a baby
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
History Projects (view all)
- A Guide to Standard Grade History: Essay Writing
- How and why did castles change over time?
- Did England become Protestant in the sixteenth century?
- Medicine Through Time Timeline
- oliver cromell- hero or villain?
- Anne Frank Factfile
- St.David's effect on Christianity in Wales
- Henry Tudor. How did a Welshman become King of England?
- Describe and explain the foundation of the National Health S...
- Evaluate the role of William Wilberforce in his campaign to ...
""Waseem Hussain. Biology, Maths, Chemistry, ICT A Level Student.
""Sabrina, Washington. IB English, History, Chemistry, Anthropology.