- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
The first 200 words of this essay...
Hermann Goering, (Wilhelm) 1893- 1946.
* Hitler's Heir- Nazi No.2
* High military & economic leader of 3rd Reich.
* Born Rosenheim, Upper Bavaria on 12th January 1893.
* Attended Cadet College at Karlsruhe.
* At the beginning of World War 1 Goering served as a Lieutenant of the infantry in Alsace Lorraine and later joined the Airforce as a combat pilot.
* By the end of the war Goering was highly decorated and won tremendous popularity as a 'Romantic Knight of the sky'.
* Goering roamed through various 'aero' jobs.
* After the war he met Carin von Kantzow and later married in 1922.
* In the fall of 1922 Goering met Hitler and decided to join the rising as a young politician.
* With a very well decorated war-hero on Hitler's side, produced excellent propaganda.
* Goering was made Head Commander of SA.
* At the 1923 Munich 'Beer-hall' Putsch Goering was severely wounded but managed to escape to Austria & then Sweden, during his recovery he became addicted to morphine and was jailed for this.
* After political amnesty in
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Germany 1918-1939 (view all)
- Treaty Of versailles
- Why was Hitler able to become chancellor of Germany in 1933?
- Why did Hitler become Chancellor of Germany in 1933?
- Describe How Jews Were Discriminated Against in Germany from...
- Most German people benefitted from Nazi rule 1933-39 Do you ...
- "Popular support was the man support for Hitler becomin...
- What part did Hitler play in the Nazi parties rise to power?
- In January 1993, Hitler became Chancellor of Germany. Explai...
- Were the people of Germany better off under the Nazi Party?
- Assess the role played by conservative elites in propelling ...
""Natalie. Criminology, Politics, Psychology and Economics. University Student.
""Telim Dars. Chemistry, Physics and English Literature. A Level Student.