- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
History Cuba Missile Crisis
The first 200 words of this essay...
1) What was America's response to the nuclear bombs in Cuba?
USA were not happy that USSR had placed Nuclear Bombs in Cuba as it was so deep in USA's "Sphere of Influence" America Responded to the placement of Nuclear Bombs by forming a Naval Blockade around Cuba preventing any more Nuclear Bombs reaching it.
2) Describe the key features of "Prague Springs"
Czechoslovakia "Prague Springs" occurred in 1968 in the capital of Czechoslovakia, Prague. The events that followed were similar to that of Hungary in 1956. Czechoslovakia was a satellite state which meant that they were independent, but in reality were controlled by the USSR. This relationship had very few benefits for Czechoslovakia, as they were still run by secret police who were very brutal and ruthless. The country's economic state was poor and it was in turmoil and struggling. Citizens of Czechoslovakia were unhappy with this way of life, especially students and intellectuals. The citizens agreed that they would revolt against the communist government. They overthrew the current leader, Antonin Novotny. This left the Russian Premier, Brezhnev, in a dilemma of who to select as the new Czechoslovakian leader. It seemed the natural choice
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
International relations 1945-1991 (view all)
- How important was the nuclear arms race in the development o...
- Who was to blame for the Cold War?
- What impact did the Cold War have on American society?
- How Far Was Detente Successful in the 1970's?
- The role of the Berlin airlift and the Korean War in the dev...
- How successful were the PLO in promoting its cause between 1...
- Who was to blame for the cold war?
- The Importance of East Germany in the Cold War
- Do you agree with the assessment that Mao was nothing other ...
- From Then to Now: Tibets Struggle for Freedom
""George Boustred English, Maths, Science, Resistant Materials, History, Music. GCSE Student
""Jackie Shanahan. Maths. A Level Student.