- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
History Cuba Missile Crisis
The first 200 words of this essay...
1) What was America's response to the nuclear bombs in Cuba?
USA were not happy that USSR had placed Nuclear Bombs in Cuba as it was so deep in USA's "Sphere of Influence" America Responded to the placement of Nuclear Bombs by forming a Naval Blockade around Cuba preventing any more Nuclear Bombs reaching it.
2) Describe the key features of "Prague Springs"
Czechoslovakia "Prague Springs" occurred in 1968 in the capital of Czechoslovakia, Prague. The events that followed were similar to that of Hungary in 1956. Czechoslovakia was a satellite state which meant that they were independent, but in reality were controlled by the USSR. This relationship had very few benefits for Czechoslovakia, as they were still run by secret police who were very brutal and ruthless. The country's economic state was poor and it was in turmoil and struggling. Citizens of Czechoslovakia were unhappy with this way of life, especially students and intellectuals. The citizens agreed that they would revolt against the communist government. They overthrew the current leader, Antonin Novotny. This left the Russian Premier, Brezhnev, in a dilemma of who to select as the new Czechoslovakian leader. It seemed the natural
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
International relations 1945-1991 (view all)
- How did Mao Zedong secure control of China in the 1950's?
- Causes of the Cold war. Soviet expansion and the Marshall Pl...
- How far was the Cuban Missile Crisis the most important even...
- Why did relations between the USA and the Soviet Union worse...
- The Cuban Missile Crisis: Causes and Consequences
- Edexcel Cold War 1943-1991 Revision (Detailed)
- Why did communism collapse in Eastern Europe and the USSR?
- Key figures in the Hungarian and Czech Uprisings
- How successful were the PLO in promoting its cause between 1...
- Who was to blame for the cold war?
""Kim. Nursing, Mental Health, Psychology. University Student.
""Chris Mckellar. Media Studies, IT, English. A Level Student.