- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
'How far did the fact that Martin Luther King was a Christian affect what he did?'
The first 200 words of this essay...
Philosophy Question: 'How far did the fact that Martin Luther King was a Christian affect what he did?
Answer: Martin Luther King Jnr was born on 15th January 1929, in Atlanta. He was the son of the Reverend Martin Luther King Senior, which shows that he had a strong religious influence early on in his life. After going through school and university, King was licensed to preach in 1947 and in 1954 his father appointed him preacher of the Dexter Avenue Baptist Church. Martin Luther King Jnr had a lot of beliefs that we related to the Bible. An example of this would be that King believed in non-violence and was a strong pacifist. This belief is parallel to the parable of the Good Samaritan in Luke 10:25. In 1958, Martin Luther King Jnr even toured India so that he could increase his understanding of Gandhi's non-violent strategies. Pacifism was a shared belief between Martin Luther King Jnr. and Jesus. We can see Jesus demonstrating this belief in the New Testament, when he is being taken away to be crucified, he does not put up a fight, even though he probably knows that he is being taken away to
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
USA 1941-80 (view all)
- The two stories "The Loons" by Margaret Laurence a...
- Martin Luther King Speech Critique
- "The movement made Martin rather than Martin making the...
- Expository Essay about History of The Ku Klux Klan.
- Film analysis- Anna And The King
- How far do representations 1 and 2 differ in their view of t...
- The Life of Martin Luther King. Jr
- Theories on the John F. Kennedy Assassination
- Who were the KKK and what did they do?
- The Treatment of African American Citizens in 1950
""Gemma Haysman. Chemistry, Physics, Biology, Maths. GCSE Student.
""Nikolay. Business Studies. BTEC Student.