- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
How Far was Roosevelts victory in the 1932 Election due to President Hoovers Unpopularity?
The first 200 words of this essay...
How Far was Roosevelt's victory in the 1932 Election due to President Hoover's Unpopularity?
There is a lot of debate over the 1932 election, which was a landslide victory for Roosevelt, as to whether Roosevelt won it or Hoover lost it. Both candidates had personalities and histories in politics, which contributed to the outcome, but it is difficult to calculate whose more so than the other
President Herbert Clark Hoover was elected in 1928 during the time of the economic boom in the USA. He was a rags-to-riches case himself, having been orphaned at a young age and gone into politics after becoming a multi-billionaire through the mining industry. Hoover himself had lived the iconic 'American Dream', which earned him respect not just in government but also from the electorate. However, in 1929 disaster struck as the Wall St. Crash plunged America into a state of economic depression. This was a serious misfortune for Herbert Hoover, as it meant he could be blamed for this and he could as early as the end of 1929 have been fighting a losing battle in the next election.
As the country sank further into the depression, unemployment and poverty grew
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
USA 1919-1941 (view all)
- "The roaring twenties were a good time for all American...
- Why did the US boom in 1920s?
- ''The boom of the 1920's did not benefit all Americans''. Ex...
- DID THE WALL STREET CRASH CAUSE THE GREAT DEPRESSION
- What impact did the Wall Street Crash have on America?
""Nikolay. Business Studies. BTEC Student.
""Lex Fawste. English, Biology, Physics, Maths, and Chemistry. A Level Student.