- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
How important was Lenin compared to Stalin in creating the Soviet Union?
The first 200 words of this essay...
During this piece of writing I will be exploring the question: How important was Lenin compared to Stalin in creating the Soviet Union? I will do this by looking into three main areas in soviet Russia including: Social and Economic policy, dealing with the opposition and Living and working conditions. I will also look at how Lenin and Stalin differed in leadership by looking at a range of sources.
Social and Economic Policy:
Lenin and the Bolsheviks had promised the people "Bread, Peace and Land." Following this a number of decrees were announced for example: Land belonging to the Tsar, church and nobles was handed over to the peasants and Workers could be insured against illness or accident. However Lenin also passed decrees that would enhance Bolshevik control this can be seen in the following decree where Lenin introduced the Cheka (Secret police) to deal with spies and counter revolutionaries.
The first promise to be dealt with was "Land." This can be shown in the decrees passed by Lenin stating "Land belonging to the tsar, church and nobles was handed over to the peasants."
The second promise to be dealt with was "peace." Although Lenin meant
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Russia, USSR 1905-1941 (view all)
- Many causes could lead to a revolution. In 1917, there were ...
- The following are equally important reasons why Stalin was a...
- Stalin man or monster
- Russia 1905-1945 Stalin - man or monster - source based ques...
- Was Stalin a Disaster For the Soviet Union?
- Were the mistakes made by the provisional government the mai...
- Doomed to failure from the start. How far do you agree with...
- Notes on "Why was Russia so difficult to govern?"
- Causes of the 1905 Russian revolution
- The Outcome of the power struggle owes more to the weakness ...
""Zoia, London. GCSE Student. 'English, Science, RE, Geography, History.'
""Natalie. Criminology, Politics, Psychology and Economics. University Student.