- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
How Important Were The Following In Causing The Second WorldWar? Hitler's foreign policy and Appeasement.
The first 200 words of this essay...
How Important Were The Following In Causing The Second World
* Hitler's foreign policy
' We have peace for our time'
Chamberlain, 30 December 1938
This quote if from Chamberlain after he had again appeased Hitler and given into his demands of the Sudentland. Yet at the same time he was building up his armies for a likely war and therefore his words are very deceptive. It is in analyzing the two main causes of the Second World War that we can understand how important Hitler policy and appeasement were in sparking off the war.
Hitler's main aims in his foreign policy were to reverse the decisions of the Treaty of Versailles which he believed was unfair, to re-arm Germany, to unite all German-speaking people, to create living space (lebensraum) and to defeat Communism or Bolshevism. Looking at these aims, many of these arguably express a sense of war. Firstly, the aims were forbidden according to the Treaty Of Versailles. This meant that for Hitler to gain back everything his country had lost from the Treaty and create living space, he would have to
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Germany 1918-1939 (view all)
- Why was Hitler able to become chancellor of Germany in 1933?
- How and why did the holocaust happen?
- Why did Hitler become Chancellor of Germany in 1933?
- What were the causes of World War 2?
- Why did Britain go to war in 1939?
- "Popular support was the man support for Hitler becomin...
- What part did Hitler play in the Nazi parties rise to power?
- In January 1993, Hitler became Chancellor of Germany. Explai...
- Were the people of Germany better off under the Nazi Party?
- Assess the role played by conservative elites in propelling ...
""Jackie Shanahan. Maths. A Level Student.
""John Plowright. Teacher. Repton School. Derbyshire.