- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
How Pleased Would Truman Have Been By the Implementation of His Plan In the Years Up To 1962?
The first 200 words of this essay...
HOW PLEASED WOULD TRUMAN HAVE BEEN BY THE IMPLEMENTATION OF HIS PLAN IN THE YEARS UP TO 1962?
This essay will try to analyze and understand whether Harry Truman would have been pleased with the ongoing of his doctrine and whether it was a success or failure in the long run. To do so, the case studies of Berlin, Eastern Europe, Korea and the Cuban Missile Crisis will be used to view the different aspects from the period of 1945 to 1962(approximately).
The Truman Doctrine was created by Truman himself in May 1947. This doctrine said that the USA should provide countries under the threat of a Communist invasion with money, expert advice and if necessary military equipment. Truman had accepted that all of Eastern Europe had become Communist but did not accept this would spread any further. His doctrine later became known as the Policy of Containment.
At the end Second World War, Berlin was captured by the Russians. Stalin wanted to cripple Germany but the Allies had the job to reconstruct it economically and socially. Therefore Germany was divided into 4 sectors, an American, a French, a British and a Soviet. The
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
International relations 1945-1991 (view all)
- How did Mao Zedong secure control of China in the 1950's?
- Causes of the Cold war. Soviet expansion and the Marshall Pl...
- Who was to blame for the Cold War?
- Notes on the Solidarity movement in Poland.
- The relationship between the USA and USSR dramatically chang...
- Edexcel Cold War 1943-1991 Revision (Detailed)
- Why did communism collapse in Eastern Europe and the USSR?
- Key figures in the Hungarian and Czech Uprisings
- How successful were the PLO in promoting its cause between 1...
- Who was to blame for the cold war?
""Oliver Baldesare. National Sports Diploma. BTEC Student.
""Yvette Agars. Senior History Teacher. Saint John's College. Whyalla S.A.