- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
In what ways did the Nazis try to eliminate all Jews in Europe in the years from 1941 onwards?
The first 200 words of this essay...
HOLOCAUST COURSEWORK ASSIGNMENT
3. In what ways did the Nazis try to eliminate all Jews in Europe in the years from 1941 onwards?
The Nazis used many methods to eliminate all the Jews in Europe from 1941 onwards. They used concentration camps, Ghettos, Death camps, Einsatzgruppen (murder squads) and the Final Solution.
The Final Solution was the plan to annihilate all the Jews out of Europe. This was also known as the mass murder of the Jews (Genocide). The persecution of the Jews was applied in stages. After the Nazi party achieved power, state enforced racism resulted in anti-Jewish legislation, boycotts, "Aryanization," Kristallnacht (Night of Broken Glass) programme, all of which was aimed towards the Jewish population, specifically to isolate them from the German society and to drive them out of the German area. After the June 1941 invasion of the Soviet Union, Einsatzgruppen (mobile killing units) began killing operations aimed entirely at the Jewish communities. The SS, the Elite Guard of the Nazi state, soon regarded the mobile killing methods, mainly shooting and/or gas vans, as inefficient as psychological trouble on the killers. In the autumn of 1941, Heinrich Himmler assigned SS General Odilo
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Germany 1918-1939 (view all)
- The Wall Street Crash was the main reason for Hitler's Rise ...
- Did The German people benefit from the Nazi rule in the peri...
- Why did the Weimar Republic Survive?
- How far did the Weimar Republic recover under Stresemann
- Choose any one reason from the list and explain how it contr...
- "Popular support was the man support for Hitler becomin...
- What part did Hitler play in the Nazi parties rise to power?
- In January 1993, Hitler became Chancellor of Germany. Explai...
- Were the people of Germany better off under the Nazi Party?
- Assess the role played by conservative elites in propelling ...
""Asmaa, UAE. GCSE Student. Biology, Physics, Chemistry, Maths and English.
""Gemma Haysman. Chemistry, Physics, Biology, Maths. GCSE Student.