- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
May 1st 1845.
The first 200 words of this essay...
May 1st 1845
I'm actually quite scared as today, we are going on a journey. The thing is, I have no idea where to, then again, I don't think anyone does. All I know is that we are going west. A lot of my friends and their family's have gone but I haven't seen them since and I doubt that I ever will again. My brother James says were going because there's not enough room for us and we'll find a better, wealthier life, but I don't know how he knows that. I'm scared of the Indians we might see. I've heard they kill you because you are white. All we're taking are some blankets, pillows, food and all the money and valuables we have to buy supplies and things. Dad says we'll be travelling most of the time anyway. Were taking the two horses and a wagon my dad and my brother made. My older sister is really upset. She set up her own business and my mum forced her to give it up to come with us. I'm going to miss Independence. I've lived here all 10 years of my life; all my memories are here, but
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
History Projects (view all)
- A Guide to Standard Grade History: Essay Writing
- oliver cromell- hero or villain?
- How and why did castles change over time?
- Did England become Protestant in the sixteenth century?
- Medicine Through Time Timeline
- Anne Frank Factfile
- St.David's effect on Christianity in Wales
- Henry Tudor. How did a Welshman become King of England?
- Describe and explain the foundation of the National Health S...
- Evaluate the role of William Wilberforce in his campaign to ...
""Chris Mckellar. Media Studies, IT, English. A Level Student.
""Waseem Hussain. Biology, Maths, Chemistry, ICT A Level Student.