- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Origins of World War One Alliances and Ententes
The first 200 words of this essay...
Origins of World War One
Alliances and Ententes
In August 1914, World War One broke out. The main cause of the war has never been established and has been among the many debates among historians studying this period. Many historians have conflicting views about what caused war to break out in 1914, and many believe there is not one cause to blame but was the result of many conflicts and disputes between different countries over a long period.
There are also other causes for the outbreak of World War One including Political systems and developments, Colonial Conflicts and rivalries, The Moroccan Crises, The Balkan Wars and the July Crisis.
In my opinion, Alliances and Ententes was to blame for war to break out in 1914. The main reason for this is that after Archduke Franz Ferdinand, the heir to the Austro-Hungarian Empire was shot by a Bosnian Serb nationalist. Therefore, Austria-Hungary issued Serbia an ultimatum, which they had chose to ignore, and as a result Germany, who was their ally persuaded Austria-Hungary to declare war on Serbia. Russia, who supported Serbia, began to mobilise. This began to escalate and France, Germany and
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
International relations 1900-1939 (view all)
- Why Did The First World War Break Out in 1914?
- Wilson's Fourteen Points became the basis of the Treaty of V...
- Hitler's actions were the only cause of World War 2. How far...
- To what extent was the Treaty of Versailles fair to Germany?
- To what extent was the unification of Prussia due to weaknes...
- Was the policy of appeasement justified?
- Was Field Marshall Douglas Haig more important that the alli...
- World War 1 - the main cause
- The League of Nations: Its achievements and its failures
- Describe the Causes of WW1
""Salma Ahmed. Law and English. GCSE Student.
""Oliver Baldesare. National Sports Diploma. BTEC Student.