- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
The first 200 words of this essay...
Choose ONE factor from the list above and say how it contributed to the outbreak of the wars.
I believe that the factor that contributed to the outbreak of the wars was Colonel Nasser's personality. This role played by Nasser was something of great significance as it was his aim to unite Arabs under his leadership and avenge Egypt's defeat at the hands of the Israeli's in 1948. This aim was soon fulfilled as it was him that united Egypt, Iraq, Syria and Lebanon into fighting as one against Israel. This unity of the Arabs soon aroused thoughts of Arab nationalism breaking out as it was Nasser that made a pledge towards the Palestinians that he would retrieve Palestine for the Arabs. Nasser not only got the Arabs united but it was also due to his personality that he was able to reason with the USSR and persuade them to help the Arabs out. I personally believe that if it wasn't for Nasser personality, none of the Arab countries that wanted to oppose Israel would have received training and weapons from the USSR and so the outbreak of war might not have
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
History Projects (view all)
- Did England become Protestant in the sixteenth century?
- Medicine Through Time Timeline
- A Guide to Standard Grade History: Essay Writing
- How and why did castles change over time?
- oliver cromell- hero or villain?
- Anne Frank Factfile
- St.David's effect on Christianity in Wales
- Henry Tudor. How did a Welshman become King of England?
- Describe and explain the foundation of the National Health S...
- Evaluate the role of William Wilberforce in his campaign to ...
""Waseem Hussain. Biology, Maths, Chemistry, ICT A Level Student.
""Sabreena, England. A Level Student. Biology and Chemistry.