- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Roman Britain and Vindolanda
The first 200 words of this essay...
Lisa Dougherty 11W 16-10-01
GCSE History Coursework - Roman Britain and Vindolanda
1) We visited Vindolanda on Tuesday 9th October 2001. Whilst at the fort and vicus we observed the foundations of buildings, the remains of the drainage and hypocaust system and system and the water storage tanks. We also saw the various artefacts in the museum and the replicas of the civilian buildings and forts.
2a) At Vindolanda there are various artefacts which show signs of advanced technology. Whilst on the visit we saw the foundations of what were once buildings. They were well organised in the form of a planned township. There is also evidence that there were roads, which would have been important for transportation and communications. We saw the remains of the drainage and hypocaust systems, these show great signs of advanced technologies and show that the Romans had a good understanding for the needs for warmth and hygiene. The remains of the bathhouse also suggests the Romans knowledge of the need for hygiene. There are also signs of the luxuries they had such as lamps, pottery, jewellery and metalware and articles which show signs of normal lifestyles such as writing tablets
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
History Projects (view all)
- The Rebecca Riots
- How civilised were the Romans?
- Medicine Through Time Timeline
- The Triangular Slave Trade and its Effects.
- English civil war project - causes, battles and tactics
- Anne Frank Factfile
- St.David's effect on Christianity in Wales
- Henry Tudor. How did a Welshman become King of England?
- Describe and explain the foundation of the National Health S...
- Evaluate the role of William Wilberforce in his campaign to ...
""Yoel Lax. Religious Studies. GCSE Student.
""Nikolay. Business Studies. BTEC Student.