- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Stalin - Man or Monster?
The first 200 words of this essay...
Stalin's Russia Source Coursework
Depth Study B: Russia 1905 - 1941
Assignment B: Objective 3
Stalin: Man or Monster?
1) Study Sources A, B and C.
Do these sources give similar or different impressions of Stalin?
Explain your answer. (6)
These sources give different impressions of Stalin, however there are some similarities.
Source A is a cartoon published in Paris in the 1930´s. It shows Stalin and the results of his policies according to the artist. The cartoon features Stalin showing three pyramids of skulls as if he was a tour guide. The caption under reads, "Visitez L´URSS ses pyramides!" This translates to, "Visit the pyramids of the USSR!"
This source is very famous and was drawn by an exiled Russian, therefore the artist could be bitter and biased against Stalin and his policies.
Source B is an official Soviet painting of Stalin with workers at a hydroelectric power station in the 1930´s. It is trying to show the results of industrialization. It shows Stalin talking to the workers, they seem very proud to be meeting Stalin. Because it is an official Soviet painting it is very likely to
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Russia, USSR 1905-1941 (view all)
- What problem did Russia face after the1905 Revolution? How e...
- How important was WW1 in causing the Russian Revolution of F...
- How did Stalin transform the economy of the USSR in the 1930...
- How did Stalin control Russia from 1924-1953?
- Was Nicholas II responsible for his own downfall?
- Stalin was able to strengthen his dictatorship in the 1930s ...
- Stalins Five Year Plans were a great success 1928-1941. Do y...
- The reasons behind the two revolutions in Russia in 1917
- Were the mistakes made by the provisional government the mai...
- Doomed to failure from the start. How far do you agree with...
""M Singh. English. A Level Student.
""Ruth, British Virgin Islands. University Student. Constitutional and Administrative Law.