- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
The historical acuracy of the film "The Mummy"
The first 200 words of this essay...
The historical accuracy of the movie "The Mummy" presents itself as an honest Hollywood movie, but in actuality it seems as if it is heavy based on a mask of false facts. The film disrespects some of ancient Egypt's most historical facts on architecture, religious beliefs, and religious practices. The Great Pyramids of Giza had been falsely represented in this movie. For instance, The Great Pyramids of Giza would not have been built at the period this movie indicates. The Book of the Dead ideology was heavily unnoticed and fictionally fantasized in this movie. In fact, the 'Egyptian book of the dead' did not bring people back to life like in "The Mummy"; it metaphorically was a cheat sheet to the afterlife. The Mummy utterly disregarded the history of the enslavement of Jews during the time period they portrayed. The Mummy bases most of if not all of its historical details on the wrong information, thus they let viewers believe stereotypes portrayed in the movie such as The Great Pyramids, The Book of the Dead and The Enslavement of Jews in Egypt.
According to The Mummy the Great Pyramids of Giza were built during the time of
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
History Projects (view all)
- Alexander Von Humboldt in Colombia
- Did England become Protestant in the sixteenth century?
- How And Why Has Dover Castle Changed Since The Roman Period?
- Appeasement:Right or Wrong?
- World War 1 Promises
- Anne Frank Factfile
- St.David's effect on Christianity in Wales
- Henry Tudor. How did a Welshman become King of England?
- Describe and explain the foundation of the National Health S...
- Evaluate the role of William Wilberforce in his campaign to ...
""George Boustred English, Maths, Science, Resistant Materials, History, Music. GCSE Student
""Shailan, Leicester. A Level Student. Very useful for Biology and Chemistry, also great help in Econo