- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
"The Indian National Congress had, in the first twenty years of its existence, been a dismal failure." Evaluate this assessment in light of the INC's objectives, and discuss reasons for its failure and/ or success.
The first 200 words of this essay...
QUES: - "The Indian National Congress had, in the first twenty years of its existence, been a dismal failure." Evaluate this assessment in light of the INC's objectives, and discuss reasons for its failure and/ or success.
ANS: - The Indian National Congress (INC) was formed in 1885. It comprised primarily of rich Indians whose main aim was putting forward their complains to the British. In order to answer the question as fully as possible I will examine a few of The INC'S objectives and see whether they were successful or not in light of the events that took place during the period 1885- 1905. I will then on the basis of the evidence I present evaluate whether The INC was a failure in its first twenty years.
The INC initially was comprised of about 85 people. One of its aims was to have Indians "get to know each other better". This applied for both outside the party and inside it; as there were men from very diverse backgrounds in the party representing different groups. The INC wanted Indians to forget about their differences and unite- in essence they wished to
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
History Projects (view all)
- Comparison and contrast between Night by Elie Wiesel and Lif...
- Did Medicine Improve In the Middle Ages?
- What Factors Helped the Spanish Conquistadors Conquer the Ne...
- Elizabeth I: How successfully did she tackle the problems o...
- The Political, Economic and Social Impacts of the First Worl...
- A comparison of the how the source booklet provided and my ...
- How reliable is Jonathan Coad's description of Dover Castle ...
- How important is Dover Castle's location? Also take into acc...
- An Estate Agent's Guide To A Roman Villa
- The causes for the decline and fall of the Roman Empire
""Dean Hil. l Media, Business, ICT, History and Sciences. University Student.
""Simon. Politics and International Relations. University Student.