- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
The Munich Putsch: success or failure?
The first 200 words of this essay...
The Munich Putsch was a short term failure, but in the long term it proved to be a success and provided a major turning point in history in the form of Mein Kampf. The Putsch itself was a failure as many Nazis were wounded and even killed. Hitler's image was subsequently tarnished as he was the first one to run away. He departed promptly in a yellow vehicle as the March on Munich became a violent fracas. This ruined his image to an extent, because he was meant to be seen as a powerful leader who feared nothing. The way the Nazis were easily brushed aside at the March on Munich would have had a crippling effect on the whole Nazis Party's moral, this was not helped by the fact that their leader was in prison. The whole failure would have also made the Nazis a laughing stock amongst the German Government and perceived them as powerless. The Munich Putsch could however be seen as a success in the long term, because the whole incident put the Nazis on the national scene. The Nazis Party was initially a small party only known by few, but as a result of the
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Germany 1918-1939 (view all)
- Why was Hitler able to become chancellor of Germany in 1933?
- Was any one of these reasons more important than the others ...
- Treaty Of versailles
- Why was Hitler so Popular in 1933?
- What were the main features of totalitarian dictatorship in ...
- How successful were Nazi economic policies in the years 1933...
- How successful was Stresemann in dealing with the problems f...
- Was the Reichstag fire the main reason why Hitler was able t...
- Most people in Germany benefitted from Nazi rule between 193...
- Explain the appeal of Nazi policies.
""Lex Fawste. English, Biology, Physics, Maths, and Chemistry. A Level Student.
""Waseem Hussain. Biology, Maths, Chemistry, ICT A Level Student.