- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
The New Deal. I completely agree with the comment the New Deal was not a complete success. However, I will not go as far as saying that it was a failure.
The first 200 words of this essay...
The New Deal
1. Franklin Roosevelt became president if the USA in 1932, during the great depression. When Roosevelt came into power he came in with a promise of 'doing something'. He planned to do these things through the new deal. The new deal had several features. These were to get Americans back into work, protect there savings and property, produce relief for the old, sick and unemployed, get American Industry and agriculture back on their feet, which all contributed to the main aim of the new deal, 'full employment and economic recovery'. The new deal consisted of legislations which were designated to solve a certain problem, an example of a problem being unemployment. These legislations were; the emergency banking act; securities exchange unit; FERA; CCC; AAA; PWA; NIRA and the TVA, all of which were brought in within FDR's first hundred days in office. The FERA, CCC, AAA, PWA and TVA created jobs and were aimed towards decreasing unemployment. The TVA in particular helped the needy as Tennessee was a very deprived area, with little work until the TVA came in and created jobs, electricity, housing, etc.... This shows what the new deal was all about helping
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
USA 1919-1941 (view all)
- Did Roosevelt's upbringing, background and character make it...
- How successful was the new deal?
- What were the main features of Roosevelt's 1932 election cam...
- What were the causes of the wall street crash?
- Why was there a boom in the USA in the 1920's?
""George Boustred English, Maths, Science, Resistant Materials, History, Music. GCSE Student
""Sabreena, England. A Level Student. Biology and Chemistry.