- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
The responsibility of the Holocaust can always be argued. It is not as simple as blaming Adolf Hitler himself who began the Holocaust. The responsibility of the Holocaust lies with the many different reasons.
The first 200 words of this essay...
3. The responsibility of the Holocaust can always be argued. It is not as simple as blaming Adolf Hitler himself who began the Holocaust. The responsibility of the Holocaust lies with the many different reasons. To decide which reason is ultimately responsible for the Holocaust all the sources must be examined.
Surprisingly The Christian Legacy itself could be blamed for influencing the society in the wrong way against the Jews. Martin Luther quoted, 'What then shall we Christians do with this damned, rejected race of Jews?' Martin Luther also perceived the Jews as unsolvable. The hatred of the Jews was also encouraged by these words;' Gods rage is so great against them that they only become worse and worse through mild mercy...Therefore away with them'. The fact that Jesus Christ was persecuted and murdered by the Jews, though he was a Jew himself, fuelled anger in leaders like Martin Luther against them. In those days many nations were based on Christianity and believed strongly in God so they listened to the powerful preaching from their church leaders. This probably led to the first anti-Semitic crusade in 1096. Soon armies were made to massacre Jews in Germany
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Germany 1918-1939 (view all)
- Why was Hitler able to become chancellor of Germany in 1933?
- How and why did the holocaust happen?
- Were the Nazis successful in controlling the lives of women ...
- What were the causes of World War 2?
- How successful were the domestic policies of the Nazi Party ...
- "Popular support was the man support for Hitler becomin...
- What part did Hitler play in the Nazi parties rise to power?
- In January 1993, Hitler became Chancellor of Germany. Explai...
- Were the people of Germany better off under the Nazi Party?
- Assess the role played by conservative elites in propelling ...
""Shailan, Leicester. A Level Student. Very useful for Biology and Chemistry, also great help in Econo
""Yvette Agars. Senior History Teacher. Saint John's College. Whyalla S.A.