- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
The Treaty of Versailles - Questions and ansewers.
Are you in the right place?
Jump to History and see how teachers think you should prepare in:
The first 200 words of this essay...
The Treaty of Versailles
1) List the main features of the treaty of Versailles
The Paris Peace Conference opened on 12th January 1919, meetings were held at various locations in and around Paris until 20th January, 1920. Leaders of 32 states representing about 75% of the world's population, attended. However, negotiations were dominated by the five major powers responsible for defeating the Central Powers: the United States, Britain, France, Italy and Japan. Important figures in these negotiations included Georges Clemenceau(France) David Lloyd George (Britain), Vittorio Orlando(Italy), and Woodrow Wilson(United States).
The main terms of the Versailles Treaty were:
(1) The surrender of all German colonies as League of Nations mandates.
(2) The return of Alsace-Lorraine to France.
(3) Cession of Eupen-Malmedy to Belgium, Memel to Lithuania, the Hultschin district to
(4) Poznania, parts of East Prussia and Upper Silesia to Poland.
(5) Danzig to become a free city under league of nation control.
(6) Plebiscites had to be held in northern Schleswig to settle the Danish-German frontier;
(7) Occupation and special status for the Saar under French control;
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
International relations 1900-1939 (view all)
- Why Did The First World War Break Out in 1914?
- Was The Treaty Of Versailles Justified?
- How far was the policy of appeasement the most important cau...
- To what extent was Hitler to blame for WW2?
- Which of the following reasons are more responsible for the ...
- The League of Nations: Its achievements and its failures
- Describe the Causes of WW1
- Was the Treaty of Versailles fair?
- "The League of Nations was doomed to fail from its crea...
- Why did war break out in 1914?
""Simon. Politics and International Relations. University Student.
""Gemma Haysman. Chemistry, Physics, Biology, Maths. GCSE Student.