- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
To what extent were Fulgencio Batista's weaknesses the cause for Fidel Castro's rise to power?
- Essay length: 2618 words
- Submitted: 29/10/2003
The first 200 words of this essay...
SECTION A: Plan of the investigation 2
SECTION B: Summary of evidence 3
SECTION C: Evaluation of sources 6
SECTION D: Analysis 8
SECTION E: Conclusion 11
SECTION F: List of sources 12
SECTION A: Plan of the investigation (150 words- maximum: 150 words)
The event I am interested in is the rise to power of Fidel Castro in Cuba. Not the revolution itself, but the factors that caused it. Specifically, my inquiry is: to what extent were Batista's weaknesses the cause for Castro's rise to power?
In order to answer this, I will focus on Fulgencio Batista's last years in power. My intention is to search for evidence on his government policies and his loss of popularity; I intend to analyze the socio-economic crisis of the time and Batista's weaknesses, trying to study their effects on the Cuban situation. Simultaneously, I will examine other causes for the revolution and evaluate their significance. Thus, I will analyze a source according to which Batista's character played a leading role in the revolution, and another source where other causes are considered (1).
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
International relations 1945-1991 (view all)
- Causes of the Cold war. Soviet expansion and the Marshall Pl...
- How did Mao Zedong secure control of China in the 1950's?
- The role of the Berlin airlift and the Korean War in the dev...
- Who was to blame for the Cold War?
- In what ways did the Cuban missile crisis change the relatio...
- Edexcel Cold War 1943-1991 Revision (Detailed)
- Why did communism collapse in Eastern Europe and the USSR?
- Key figures in the Hungarian and Czech Uprisings
- How successful were the PLO in promoting its cause between 1...
- Who was to blame for the cold war?
""M Singh. English. A Level Student.
""Simon. Politics and International Relations. University Student.