- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Trench Warfare between 1914-17
- Essay length: 2423 words
- Submitted: 11/07/2002
Are you in the right place?
Jump to History and see how teachers think you should prepare in:
The first 200 words of this essay...
Name Brian Bennett
Class 10 Set 1b
Teacher Mr Bell
Date 2000-01 GCSE
1. Front Cover
2. Contents Page
4. Trench Warfare 1914-18
11. Pictures and illustrations
"The front is a cage in which men have to wait for the outcome of events with nerves on edge. With shells flying above our heads, we live in the tension of uncertainty. Chance hovers above us. When there is firing, I can stoop down, that is all. I can neithe5r know, nor influence, the direction of that fire."
Trench Warfare is most closely associated with the Western Front. From the winter of 1914 to the summer of 1918 the front ran due south from the Belgian coast to the River Somme east of Amiens. It then curved east along the River Aisne to Verdun before snaking Southeast to the Swiss border.
First Ypers Battle ended the war of movement on the Western Front and began the struggle of stalemate. The front in the west stretched for some 350 miles
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
International relations 1900-1939 (view all)
- Why did the Germans hate the treaty of Versailles?
- Why Did The First World War Break Out in 1914?
- How far was the policy of appeasement the most important cau...
- To what extent was the Treaty of Versailles fair to Germany?
- Was The Treaty Of Versailles Justified?
- The League of Nations: Its achievements and its failures
- Describe the Causes of WW1
- Was the Treaty of Versailles fair?
- "The League of Nations was doomed to fail from its crea...
- Why did war break out in 1914?
""Nikolay. Business Studies. BTEC Student.
""Sarah. Sociology, Politics, Economics, Psychology. University Student.