- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
"Triumph of the Will"
The first 200 words of this essay...
"Triumph of the Will" directed and edited by Leni Riefenstahl, is referred to by historians as one of the most influential propaganda films created during the Nazi Regime. The film is a visual representation of the 1934 Nazi party rally in Nuremberg. Riefenstahl's use of colours, sounds and camera positioning enhances they way in which the viewer sees and interprets the film. It can be claimed that "Triumph of the Will" a product from the cultural expression that developed during the time in which the Nazi's rose to power. A cultural expression is a way of expressing the attitudes and beliefs of a particular culture, through different mediums such as film. Hitler used film to record propaganda events and used the fact that people were attending cinemas more frequently during the early 1930's, to push his propaganda message to the masses, "Triumph of the Will" is an example of this.
Riefenstahl was an exceptional documentary film maker, however; it could be suggested that she was also a Nazi Propagandist. She filmed the 1934 Nuremberg rally in such a way that supported the Nazi and its ideology. The Nazi rallies were held every year in Nuremberg to promote Nazism on a
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Germany 1918-1939 (view all)
- Treaty Of versailles
- The Holocaust or the "Final Solution".
- How were the Jews treated in 1933-1939 Germany?
- How far did Hitler succeed in creating a Volksgemeinschaft b...
- During the Years 1939-1945 why did Nazi policy to the Jews c...
- "Popular support was the man support for Hitler becomin...
- What part did Hitler play in the Nazi parties rise to power?
- In January 1993, Hitler became Chancellor of Germany. Explai...
- Were the people of Germany better off under the Nazi Party?
- Assess the role played by conservative elites in propelling ...
""Yoel Lax. Religious Studies. GCSE Student.
""Sabreena, England. A Level Student. Biology and Chemistry.