- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Was Hitler the cause of WW2? A.J.P Taylor wrote the controversial The origins of the second World War, he challenged the view that Hitler had been an uniquely evil plotter of war by presenting a view of Hitler as an opportunist, who had enjoyed muc
The first 200 words of this essay...
Was Hitler the cause of WW2?
The Second World War began in 1939 and lasted six years. Most of the major powers of Europe were involved, battles were staged in all four corners of the globe and over 45 million people were killed, making it the most devastating war in history. This essay looks at some of the issues that caused such a horrific war to begin.
There were many causes of the Second World War. Historians disagree about which are the most important such as the Treaty of Versailles, the failure of League of Nations, the American Policy of Isolationism, the Nazi Soviet pact etc.
Many Historians argue the words of Hitler show he was preparing for war such historian A.J.P Taylor wrote the controversial 'The origins of the second World War', he challenged the view that Hitler had been an uniquely evil plotter of war by presenting a view of Hitler as an opportunist, who had enjoyed much popular support in Germany and Austria. Hitler's pushed for various reforms of various aspects of the peace settlement to the First World War hoping to secure concession that would be satisfactory to German's sentiment.
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
International relations 1900-1939 (view all)
- Why Did The First World War Break Out in 1914?
- To what extent was the Treaty of Versailles fair to Germany?
- Why did The League of Nations fail in the Manchurian Crisis?
- Germany was to blame for causing World War One.
- Was the League of Nations doomed to failure from the start?
- The League of Nations: Its achievements and its failures
- Describe the Causes of WW1
- Was the Treaty of Versailles fair?
- "The League of Nations was doomed to fail from its crea...
- Why did war break out in 1914?
""Chris Mckellar. Media Studies, IT, English. A Level Student.
""Ruth, British Virgin Islands. University Student. Constitutional and Administrative Law.