- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Was The Munich Putsch a Success or a Failure?
The first 200 words of this essay...
Was the Munich Putsch a Success or a Failure.
In 1923 Hitler and the Nazis attempted a putsch at a beer hall in Munich. They attempted unsuccessfully to overthrow the Bavarian Government. This had a huge effect on the Nazis both positive and negative and short term and long term.
In the short term the effects for the Nazi party where very negative. The Nazis where completely embarrassed Hitlers false sense of power lead him to believe he was more powerful than he actually was. The crowd of 3000 Nazis was overthrown by just 100 policemen resulting in 16 Nazi deaths and 3 Police deaths. The whole attempt was poorly organised and subsequently was a shambles. First Kahr was reluctant to support the nazis and took a lot of convincing when he finally did agree to support the Nazis Ludendorf let Kahr and his men leave and they immediately alerted the authorities, not very loyal. Hitler also overestimated the power of the Nazis and was quite shocked when they where defeated so easily. When the putsch was over Hitler and some of his men were imprisoned which lead to the collapse of
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Germany 1918-1939 (view all)
- Why was Hitler able to become chancellor of Germany in 1933?
- Was any one of these reasons more important than the others ...
- Why was Hitler so Popular in 1933?
- Why did Hitler become Chancellor of Germany in 1933?
- Why did Chamberlain sign the Munich Agreement on September 3...
- How successful were Nazi economic policies in the years 1933...
- How successful was Stresemann in dealing with the problems f...
- Was the Reichstag fire the main reason why Hitler was able t...
- Most people in Germany benefitted from Nazi rule between 193...
- Explain the appeal of Nazi policies.
""Zoey. University Student.
""Sabrina, Washington. IB English, History, Chemistry, Anthropology.