- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Was there a revolution in Germany in 1918?
The first 200 words of this essay...
WAS THERE A REVOLUTION IN GERMANY IN 1918?
Q. (1) Why can it be argued that the 'revolution from above' was not so
Ans. The so-called revolution in Germany which toppled The Second Reich and
Kaiser Wilhelm II and brought about a change in the structure of the regime in Germany in the form of the Weimar Republic was an important event in the history of the country. The revolution was lead primarily by Ebert, the SPD member. But the historians find it exceedingly difficult to place Ebert precisely in the picture amidst the confusion and rapid sequence of events that was taking place in Germany at that time. This is predominantly because of Ebert's dual role during the movement in toppling the existing regimes where at one instance he is seen supporting the interests of the workers (i.e., supporting the revolution from below) and on another instance he is seen helping to keep the interests and powers of the elite Junkers intact (i.e., supporting the revolution from above).
However, we must keep in mind that Ebert was not the only character who brought about these events to
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Russia, USSR 1905-1941 (view all)
- How important was WW1 in causing the Russian Revolution of F...
- War Communism and the NEP
- Stalin man or monster
- To what extent do Sources C, G, I and J give a full/accurate...
- Explain Rasputin's contribution to the collapse of Tsarism.
- Were the mistakes made by the provisional government the mai...
- Doomed to failure from the start. How far do you agree with...
- Notes on "Why was Russia so difficult to govern?"
- Causes of the 1905 Russian revolution
- The Outcome of the power struggle owes more to the weakness ...
""Waseem Hussain. Biology, Maths, Chemistry, ICT A Level Student.
""Zoey. University Student.