- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Weapons used in the First World War
The first 200 words of this essay...
Sub question: What weapons were used in the trenches ?
* -Machine guns
Weapons are the most important thing in war. Each different country had their specific weapon but they all had some little things in common that made all the weapons look like each other. All countries had about the same weapons but with different names and some had some extra inventions so they could kill better. The weapons were more effective for defense than for offence especially in the trenches. It also was a bit a competition about who is going to produce the best weapons but also the war can be decided about this, also the amount of weapons manufactured by the factories in the countries could determine this. But I'll start with the Machine guns.
Machine guns were one of the main killers in the war. A single man almost had no chance against it. Machine guns could fire about 400-600 bullets per minute. The most guns used water cooling so that it would not
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
History Projects (view all)
- Why was the Roman Army so Successful? Rome was one of th...
- What is history
- How did WW2 effect civilians in England and Wales
- Was the policy of Appeasement justified?
- Warwick castle Coursework
- Anne Frank Factfile
- St.David's effect on Christianity in Wales
- Henry Tudor. How did a Welshman become King of England?
- Describe and explain the foundation of the National Health S...
- Evaluate the role of William Wilberforce in his campaign to ...
""M Singh. English. A Level Student.
""Zoey. University Student.