- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
What happened to the Romanov Family? - Sources A and B give similar accounts. Does this mean they are reliable?
The first 200 words of this essay...
History Coursework: What happened to the Romanov Family?
(A) Sources A and B give similar accounts. Does this mean they are reliable?
Both Sources A and B are similar in that they all state that Nicholas Romanov, two royal servants and a maid were all murdered by the Reds in Ipatiev House in 1918. Both sources are different interpretations of the same information. Source A is an account of Judge Sergeyev's findings by an American newspaper, and Source B is a short extract from the report given to the British government by Sir Charles Elliot. Both sources were written in 1918, before Judge Sergeyev was sacked. Both America and Britain were strong opponents of the Bolshevik regime suspected of the murder of the Russian royal family and as such their dependability can be immediately questioned, they may have been biased against the Reds. Judge Sergeyev himself was a white supporter and as such his documented reports may be biased against the Bolsheviks by making them seem worse and more atrocious than they actually were, and therefore damaging them in a critical time of the Russian revolution.
The Whites were the forces opposing communist Russia, composing many
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Russia, USSR 1905-1941 (view all)
- War Communism and the NEP
- Nov 97 : How serious athreat to the French Revolution was pr...
- How important was WW1 in causing the Russian Revolution of F...
- Social Hierarchy in Tsarist Russia.
- Assess The Impact Of Stalin On Russia And The Russian People...
- Were the mistakes made by the provisional government the mai...
- Doomed to failure from the start. How far do you agree with...
- Notes on "Why was Russia so difficult to govern?"
- Causes of the 1905 Russian revolution
- The Outcome of the power struggle owes more to the weakness ...
""Oliver Baldesare. National Sports Diploma. BTEC Student.
""Telim Dars. Chemistry, Physics and English Literature. A Level Student.