- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Why did Russia leave World War One?
Are you in the right place?
Jump to History and see how teachers think you should prepare in:
The first 200 words of this essay...
Why did Russia leave World War 1?
From the offset Russia were always going to be fighting two wars, one against the enemy and one against themselves.
The Triple Entente's pressure was keeping the Russians fighting, as with them involved, Germany would be fighting on both a Western front and an Eastern front. As mentioned, Russia had many problems on its home front; regarding its governmental decisions, weaknesses in the Royal Family and general unrest in the cities and countryside. The Russian army were also suffering due to a lack of food and fuel. These problems were to form the basis of what was to become a murky era of Russian history.
In my opinion Russia's main problem was its unstable government. Before this time the Romanov family had successfully run the country for three hundred years, however they had not moved it forward in terms of economical development. By 1914 Russia had progressed no further than Britain had in 1750, industrially, and for every one Russian factory in 1914 there were one hundred and fifty in Britain. The Russian people did not have the technology to move forward and were certainly the most industrially backward throughout
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Russia, USSR 1905-1941 (view all)
- Does this source provide any useful evidence about Stalin?
- What Happened on Bloody Sunday 22nd January 1905?
- Using these four passages and your own knowledge, explain ho...
- Is Stalin the Red Tsar?
- How and why did the Tsarist regime survive the 1905 revoluti...
- Were the mistakes made by the provisional government the mai...
- Doomed to failure from the start. How far do you agree with...
- Notes on "Why was Russia so difficult to govern?"
- Causes of the 1905 Russian revolution
- The Outcome of the power struggle owes more to the weakness ...
""Ruth, British Virgin Islands. University Student. Constitutional and Administrative Law.
""Asmaa, UAE. GCSE Student. Biology, Physics, Chemistry, Maths and English.