- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Why did the Tsar fall from powerIn March 1917 ? I believe the main reason that the Tsar fell from power was the Russo-Japanese war and
The first 200 words of this essay...
Why did the Tsar fall from power
In March 1917 ?
I believe the main reason that the Tsar fell from power was the Russo-Japanese war and the First World War, because Russia lost and it was all blamed on the Tsar. During this essay I will list many other reasons and back up the evidence by explaining why the Tsar fell from power.
As I said in my introduction I believe the main reason which made the Tsar abdicate was the Russo-Japanese war, this started on the 8th February 1904 when Japan made a surprise attack on the Russian naval base at Port Arthur. Many Russians welcomed the war but the Russian army had major problems. Such as finding it difficult to fight a war at a distance, troops and supplies took long to arrive and also the army was badly organised. Two weeks of gruelling battle ended in a Japanese victory. In the end Russia lost Port Arthur and much of Manchuria, The effect of the war demoralised the Russian people. The war with Japan led to many problems at home in Russia; the poor living conditions of peasants and factory workers
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Russia, USSR 1905-1941 (view all)
- Was Nicholas II responsible for his own downfall?
- What were the causes and consequences of the 1905 revolution...
- Source A comes from a cartoon published in Paris in the 1930...
- Was Nicholas II Responsible for His Own Downfall? What can ...
- What caused the Romanov Dynasty to fall? Explain the fall an...
- The reasons behind the two revolutions in Russia in 1917
- Were the mistakes made by the provisional government the mai...
- Doomed to failure from the start. How far do you agree with...
- Notes on "Why was Russia so difficult to govern?"
- Causes of the 1905 Russian revolution
""Asmaa, UAE. GCSE Student. Biology, Physics, Chemistry, Maths and English.
""Ruth, British Virgin Islands. University Student. Constitutional and Administrative Law.