- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
The first 200 words of this essay...
There are two main functions to a computer system; The Hardware and the Software.
The hardware is the name given to the part of the computer that can be touched. The hardware is the name given to all the devices that makes up the computer system.
Some examples of hardware are:
Central processing unit (CUP)
Hardware is the term used for the parts of the computer you can touch and handle. Hardware is the name given to the devices that make up a computer system. The hardware devices are split into two groups; they are input devices and output devices. Input devices are used to get data into a system. Output devices are used to receive data from the computer.
Input devices are used to get information or data in to the computer. The ideal input device would be one that would get the information in to the computer accurately with out human intervention; it would also be quite cheap.
Here are the main input devices used today:
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Hardware (view all)
- Computer Hardware, uses, advantages and disadvantages.
- Different Types of Output Devices.
- Comparison of two computers
- How ICT helps people with disabilities.
- A computer system consists of hardware and software.
- Unit 14 Mobile communication technology
- Hardware and software for a hairdressing business.
- ICT Revision notes
- Johns parents decided to buy a computer which can help John ...
- Designing a system for an IT user - He needs to have a good ...
""Oliver Baldesare. National Sports Diploma. BTEC Student.
""Chris Mckellar. Media Studies, IT, English. A Level Student.