- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Data Protection Issues – Compliance Within Computing Organisations, The Causes, Effects and Consequences.
- Essay length: 4127 words
- Submitted: 11/07/2002
The first 200 words of this essay...
Project and Professional Studies Unit
Data Protection Issues - Compliance Within Computing Organisations, The
Causes, Effects and Consequences.
1. Introduction to the data protection bill 1998 2
1.1 The Eight Principles of The Data Protection Act 2
i. Fairly and lawfully processed 2
ii. Processed for one or more limited lawful purposes 2
iii. Adequate, relevant and not excessive 2
iv. Accurate and valid and where necessary kept up to date 3
v. Personal data processed for any purpose shall not be kept longer than deemed necessary 3
vi. Processed in accordance with the data subject's rights under this Act 3
vii. Securely protected by appropriate technical and organisational measures 3
viii. Personal data will not be transferred to Countries without adequate protection 3
2. Registration For Data Protection Act 4
3. Exclusions and Exceptions 4
4. Typical Example Of Active Data Protection Environments 5
5. Enforcement Of Data Protection 5
6. Implications For System Designers 6
Protection from potential dangers
7. Implications For Customers 8
The Fear Off
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Legislation & The Legal Framework (view all)
- Ict and the law
- The Data Protection Act, 1998
- The main purposes of legislation covering working with and u...
- Legislation protecting people & groups.
- ICT LEGISLATIONS
- Outline the Data Protection Act and give examples of breache...
- Copyright patents act
- Assets table - recording the copyright information on the lo...
- The Legislation That Protects Individuals and Groups using I...
- The social, legal, moral aspects of I.C.T. In this report, I...
""Simon. Politics and International Relations. University Student.
""Jacqueline. Modern Studies and English. GCSE Student