- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Designing a database and logo for a travel agent.
The first 200 words of this essay...
Analysis and Introduction
1.1 Background on 'First Travel'
First Travel is an Atoll bounded tour operator, based in Eastcote (Middlesex). The aim of the company is to organise tailor -made holidays for their customers. Mr Jones (aged 52) owns this family run company, specializing in family holidays and city breaks. Mr Jones has been running the company for under a year, in a traditional manner (without the use of computers) he has realised that this is too time consuming, and therefore he would like to computerise some of the processes within his company. He asked me to explore different alternatives of computerising some of the manual processes in a safe and secure manner.
1.2 Research and Investigation
To help me asses the business's current situation and to understand what Mr Jones would like in his new system I asked Mr Jones for an interview (see Appendix A for interview notes), and I also created a questionnaire for customers to fill in (see Appendix B for completed questionnaire). From the interview and questionnaire I have ascertained that Mr Jones, his part time staff and customers believe the current manual system is slow and unreliable
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
ICT Systems and Application (view all)
- Planning- design a memo, letter and webpage for Capital FM.
- The impact of ICT on a person with special/particular needs
- E-commerce Report. What is e commerce?
- The impact of ICT on the local community. I live in the boro...
- Social Impacts and Threats of IT
- Using Technology - GPS in vehicles.
- Shopping & ICT
- Safe working pratices when using ICT in a business environme...
- Analysis of ICT task for a hairdresser's booking system.
- ICT Specification for a spreadsheet for the Hairdressing bus...
""Telim Dars. Chemistry, Physics and English Literature. A Level Student.
""Oliver Baldesare. National Sports Diploma. BTEC Student.