- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Explain the difference between primary and secondary sources of data, with examples.
The first 200 words of this essay...
Name: Rebecca Holmes
Unit 3/11 Task a: Research Methodologies
Explain the difference between primary and secondary sources of data, with examples:
Primary data is data, which is collected by the researcher themselves. This kind of data is new, original research information.
Primary sources enable the researcher to get as close as possible to what actually happened and is hands on. A primary source reflects the individual viewpoint of a participant or observer. Primary sources are first-hand information from a person who witnessed or participated in an event. Examples of primary data are:
Secondary research is using information that has already been produced by other people. A secondary source is used by a person usually not present at the event and relying on primary source documents for information. Secondary sources usually analyse and interpret. Finding out about research that already exits will help form new research.
Examples of secondary data:
The government statistics service
The office of national statistics
Centre for applied social surveys
The distinctions between
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
ICT Systems and Application (view all)
- Chapter 1 - The Role Of ICT Information and communications t...
- Curry's Website Analysis
- ICT in the leisure centre
- The Advantages of Using ICT Over Manual Meethods. Using Pai...
- Different types of technology How I use ICT at home and at s...
- Safe working pratices when using ICT in a business environme...
- Analysis of ICT task for a hairdresser's booking system.
- ICT Specification for a spreadsheet for the Hairdressing bus...
- Outlin of an ICT project for a hairdressing business.
- Identify the Information Systems used by Tescos.
""Dean Hil. l Media, Business, ICT, History and Sciences. University Student.
""Yoel Lax. Religious Studies. GCSE Student.