- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
The first 200 words of this essay...
For a computer to work there are two sections that enable us to use ICT the way we do, the hardware (title of this report) and the software (see my software report). Hardware is something that the individual can use and is the input and output devices controlled by the CPU (Central Processing Unit). Mouse, keyboard, scanners and joysticks are all examples of input devices - we tell the computer what to do with them. Printers, dot matrix and screens are all output devices - we get what we have been doing on the computer displayed to us or transferred onto a different type of media e.g. paper - this is the transition from a computerized system to paper based.
A basic system looks like this:
We can also look at the system like this:
I am working on a Thintune Model WLV101; this is where I am based to do my work i.e. my workstation. This is then linked to an IBM server using Citrix Thin Client software that allows us as a school to send applications and the use of the internet to other locations on the campus. The individual workstation
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Hardware (view all)
- Different Types of Output Devices.
- I am required to carry out a remedial computer maintenance.
- Hardware used in my created system - inputs and outputs
- ICT Unit 4 Networks Notes - LAN and WAN networks
- Computer Hardware, uses, advantages and disadvantages.
- Hardware and software for a hairdressing business.
- ICT Revision notes
- Johns parents decided to buy a computer which can help John ...
- Designing a system for an IT user - He needs to have a good ...
- Research into the cost of hardware and software for my syste...
""Waseem Hussain. Biology, Maths, Chemistry, ICT A Level Student.
""Natalie. Criminology, Politics, Psychology and Economics. University Student.