- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
ICT applications - crime prevention methods have been improved by many new technological devices e.g. databases, CCTV, fingerprinting and speed cameras.
Are you in the right place?
Jump to ICT and see how teachers think you should prepare in:
The first 200 words of this essay...
Crime and crime prevention
With the economic climate in the state that it's in, unemployment levels are extremely mean people are struggling to afford the exceedingly high cost of living resulting in the increase of crime rates throughout the country. Thanks to this crime prevention methods have been improved by many new technological devices e.g. databases, CCTV, fingerprinting and speed cameras.
The DNA database can help police investigators link individuals to certain crime sense, this can help add to the evidence against a suspect. People leave their finger prints everywhere, therefore this is why the DNA database is one of the most reliable and trust worthy forms of evidence, also this is one of the most commonly used methods throughout the police force. By the use of this technology it has helped many 'cold cases' be resolved, because this technology wasn't available 15 years ago as it's still a relatively new method of gaining evidence. The database has raised many people awareness of the police and made them realise that it might not be as simple as they believed to commit a crime anymore as there are many different and affective ways of
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
ICT Systems and Application (view all)
- Evaluation of my ICT Database, Spreadsheet and Newsletter
- The impact of ICT on the local community. I live in the boro...
- E-commerce Report. What is e commerce?
- Advantages and disadvantages of using ICT for a business.
- Explain the difference between primary and secondary sources...
- Using Technology - GPS in vehicles.
- Shopping & ICT
- Safe working pratices when using ICT in a business environme...
- Analysis of ICT task for a hairdresser's booking system.
- ICT Specification for a spreadsheet for the Hairdressing bus...
""Yoel Lax. Religious Studies. GCSE Student.
""Nikolay. Business Studies. BTEC Student.