- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
ITC - What it is, and its uses.
The first 200 words of this essay...
The hardware that is standard with most computer systems is:
* A mouse
* A keyboard
* A monitor (screen)
* A printer
* And a computer system itself including, usually, a floppy disk drive and a CD-ROM drive. Other drives can be added.
The two types of hardware are "input" and "output" devices. Input devices are devices that are used to input data into the computer, examples are keyboards, mouse and CD-ROM drives. Output devices are devices that send data out of the computer, examples are monitors and printers. Floppy disk drives can be used as input and output devices.
The most widely used keyboard is the "standard keyboard". It us just a normal sized keyboard with all the normal functions. Problems with the standard keyboard are that if someone is typing on them for a long time it can cause discomfort and also permanent injury. Other types of keyboard are the "ergonomic keyboards" and "concept keyboard". Ergonomic keyboards are easier to use and let the wrist relax in a more natural position therefore reducing injury, and the concept keyboard is a keyboard which is covered
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
ICT Systems and Application (view all)
- The Impact of ICT - the advantages and disadvantages of diff...
- Analysing Qualitative Interviews
- The impact of ICT on the local community. I live in the boro...
- Explain the difference between primary and secondary sources...
- Social, Moral and Cultural effects of introducing ICT to a s...
- Safe working pratices when using ICT in a business environme...
- Analysis of ICT task for a hairdresser's booking system.
- ICT Specification for a spreadsheet for the Hairdressing bus...
- Outlin of an ICT project for a hairdressing business.
- Identify the Information Systems used by Tescos.
""Telim Dars. Chemistry, Physics and English Literature. A Level Student.
""M Singh. English. A Level Student.