- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
PC input devices - advantages and disadvantages.
- Essay length: 2229 words
- Submitted: 09/07/2004
Are you in the right place?
Jump to ICT and see how teachers think you should prepare in:
The first 200 words of this essay...
Keyboard Page 3
Mouse Page 4
Touch Pad Page 5
Tracker Ball Page 6
Joystick Page 7
Video Digitizer Page 8
Digital Camera Page 9
Scanner Page 10
Remote Control Page 11
Magnetic Stripe Reader Page 12
Sound Sensor Page 13
Mild Instrument Page 14
This useful device is one of the main and most commonly used input devices. This device is attached to the computer and is used for writing on the computer.
The typical keyboard used by most people is the 'QWERTY' keyboard. It is called 'QWERTY' as these are the first letters in the first row. There are newer keyboards with different designs but most people are familiar with the 'QWERTY' keyboard. A man called Sholes in 1878 developed this keyboard layout. It was originally developed for the typewriter but now is the standard layout for the computer. There are four main parts to a keyboard and they are the main keyboard, numeric keypad, cursor keys and function keys.
Most computers have this device attached to it and a skilled typist can enter
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Hardware (view all)
- Different Types of Output Devices.
- Hardware used in my created system - inputs and outputs
- I am required to carry out a remedial computer maintenance.
- ICT Unit 4 Networks Notes - LAN and WAN networks
- Computer Hardware, uses, advantages and disadvantages.
- Hardware and software for a hairdressing business.
- ICT Revision notes
- Johns parents decided to buy a computer which can help John ...
- Designing a system for an IT user - He needs to have a good ...
- Research into the cost of hardware and software for my syste...
""George Boustred English, Maths, Science, Resistant Materials, History, Music. GCSE Student
""Yoel Lax. Religious Studies. GCSE Student.