- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
The Child Protection Act.
The first 200 words of this essay...
The Child Protection Act
The child protection act is a legislation which was put in place to protect child from harm. So far in society it has worked well to protect children from many forms of violence but it has been discussed that there are many inadequacies and that it is in need of reform. This assignment will state what the protection order is and what it does, the problems arising with it and what changes can be made to improve it.
The old Legislation
The Child protection bill of 1998 is a legislation which states that a child is in need of protection if s/he is suffering harm, is at unacceptable risk of suffering harm and does not have a parent willing and able to protect them from harm. This includes situations where the child is at risk from his parents, from others inside the house where he lives, from others outside the house where he lives and from themself.
The current legislation
The current legislation is much like the old legislation except that there are some reforms that have been put into place. The Child protection Act of 1999 states that
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Legislation & The Legal Framework (view all)
- The Legislations That Protect Individuals and Groups Form Mi...
- Is the UK copyright act of 1988 still an adequate means of p...
- Data Protection Issues – Compliance Within Computin...
- ICT LEGISLATIONS
- Leaflet design for Finding Nemo.
- Outline the Data Protection Act and give examples of breache...
- Copyright patents act
- Assets table - recording the copyright information on the lo...
- The Legislation That Protects Individuals and Groups using I...
- The social, legal, moral aspects of I.C.T. In this report, I...
""Salma Ahmed. Law and English. GCSE Student.
""M Singh. English. A Level Student.