- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
The following report will compare differences between internal and external information sources relevant to four different organisational types, only one information type will be used per organisation.
The first 200 words of this essay...
HNC computing on-line
Information Systems & Services
Outcome 1 b, c, d & e
Information requirements differ greatly from one organisation type to another, depending on the nature of the business. But the categories from which this information is available remain similar.
For a computerised information system to be useful, it must be capable of organising and presenting information to the context of the business. The following report will compare differences between internal and external information sources relevant to four different organisational types, only one information type will be used per organisation. Examples of its end use will be outlined along with an over view of security requirements which apply to the use and storage of the information collected.
Internal & External Information Sources
As the name implies an internal source of information is information, which is gathered from within an organisation, and an external source from out with the organisation. Examples of internal sources of information are accounting ledgers, production/sales statistics, staff questionnaires/interviews, training records,
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Legislation & The Legal Framework (view all)
- Discussing legislation - Data Protection act, Copyright, Com...
- Health and Safety
- The Data Protection Act 1998 - questions and answers
- ICT - Data Protection
- The Data Protection Act, 1998
- Assets table - recording the copyright information on the lo...
- The Legislation That Protects Individuals and Groups using I...
- The social, legal, moral aspects of I.C.T. In this report, I...
- Ict and the law
- Ict and the law
""Asmaa, UAE. GCSE Student. Biology, Physics, Chemistry, Maths and English.
""Joanne Barratt. Nursing. University Student.