- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Tibbett and Britten
The first 200 words of this essay...
TIBBETT AND BRITTEN
Tibbett & Britten Group plc is a UK quoted multinational logistics service provider focused on manufacturers, retailers and distributors of food & drink, clothing and other branded consumer merchandise. The Group's services are primarily intra-regional, and include both conventional logistics and e-commerce support. Formed in 1958, it generated revenues of more than £1,500 million (approximately US$2.4 billion) in 2000.
The group's core customers are major retailers and multinational blue-chip manufacturers, and some 93% of the business is contractual. Tibbett & Britten has sustained a 30% compound annual growth rate since the 1984 MBO from Unilever and the 1986 London Stock Exchange flotation. It is now the world's seventh largest logistics service provider (source: Financial Times, 22 February 2000).
Today Tibbett & Britten Group has 33,000 employees and manages 47.5 million sq ft (4.4 million m²) of ambient and multi-temperature warehousing at 320 locations in 33 countries. It operates 11,000 commercial vehicles and trailers. In Europe it also has substantial intermodal operations, and in the UK manages open access international rail ports at Daventry and Doncaster.
In 2000, total worldwide volumes handled approached 2.5 billion, including more than 1 billion grocery cases,
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
ICT Systems and Application (view all)
- Mayhem Manor Project - ICT
- Evaluation of my ICT Database, Spreadsheet and Newsletter
- The impact of ICT on the local community. I live in the boro...
- Analysing Qualitative Interviews
- Explain the difference between primary and secondary sources...
- Safe working pratices when using ICT in a business environme...
- Analysis of ICT task for a hairdresser's booking system.
- ICT Specification for a spreadsheet for the Hairdressing bus...
- Outlin of an ICT project for a hairdressing business.
- Identify the Information Systems used by Tescos.
""Yoel Lax. Religious Studies. GCSE Student.
""George Boustred English, Maths, Science, Resistant Materials, History, Music. GCSE Student