- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Types of ICT used and their purposes.
Are you in the right place?
Jump to ICT and see how teachers think you should prepare in:
The first 200 words of this essay...
Types of ICT used and their purposes
ICT is used in all departments of the company but different types of hardware and software packages are used for many of the jobs. Varndean uses many software packages to fulfil the needs of their customers and these are some of them: word processor (Microsoft word), desktop publishing (Microsoft publisher), graphics package (PhotoShop), web pages are designed using Dream weaver, save instant accounts and web-browser.
To accomplish the jobs within the company specific hardware imput devises are needed such as a
* Joystick: which is a lever that allows the user to move the pointer in all directions and controls keep moving even if the cursor is stopped. These are mostly used for CAD/CAM systems.
* Scanner: This scans text and pictures that can inturn be printed on paper. The image in divided into grid boxes and each box can be represented with a zero or a one (called bitmap).
* Graphics tablet; This is an electronic tablet and a stylus (pen). When the stylus is moved it is detected into digital a signal that is sent to the computer. This is effective for tracing drawings.
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
ICT Systems and Application (view all)
- Mayhem Manor Project - ICT
- I am going to research how supermarkets use ICT to have an i...
- Advantages and disadvantages of using ICT for a business.
- evaluation of a manual library system
- Advantages And Disadvantages Of The Use Of ICT In Banking
- Using Technology - GPS in vehicles.
- Shopping & ICT
- Safe working pratices when using ICT in a business environme...
- Analysis of ICT task for a hairdresser's booking system.
- ICT Specification for a spreadsheet for the Hairdressing bus...
""Nikolay. Business Studies. BTEC Student.
""Chris Mckellar. Media Studies, IT, English. A Level Student.