- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
What is hardware?
The first 200 words of this essay...
What is hardware?
Hardware is the physical devices that can be touched and used to send or receive messages or information to and from one person to another person.
The components of a computer system are:
* Input devices- these get data into the computer.
* The main processor unit- this manipulates the data.
* The storage devices- these save data.
* The output devices- these display the data in soft or hard copy.
* The cables and connectors that join it all together.
There are three types of hardware. These are:
1) INPUT DEVICES
These are the tools used to enter data, commands and information into the computer's central processing unit (C.P.U). The most common input devices are:
* Digital Camera
* Joy stick
* Roller ball
This is the most common and widely used input device. It is used to key in data. Touching
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Hardware (view all)
- Different Types of Output Devices.
- Computer Hardware, uses, advantages and disadvantages.
- Hardware used in my created system - inputs and outputs
- I am required to carry out a remedial computer maintenance.
- ICT Unit 4 Networks Notes - LAN and WAN networks
- Hardware and software for a hairdressing business.
- ICT Revision notes
- Johns parents decided to buy a computer which can help John ...
- Designing a system for an IT user - He needs to have a good ...
- Research into the cost of hardware and software for my syste...
""Asmaa, UAE. GCSE Student. Biology, Physics, Chemistry, Maths and English.
""Waseem Hussain. Biology, Maths, Chemistry, ICT A Level Student.