- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Are you in the right place?
Jump to Mathematics and see how teachers think you should prepare in:
The first 200 words of this essay...
Maths Coursework Investigation
My aim is to investigate the mathematical propagation of 'bad tomatoes' This is essentially an investigation of patterns derived from a simple set of rules for this propagation, in the manner of a simplified life genesis program. The rules are as followed:
1. The first hour, any one of the tomatoes (depending on the investigation) turns 'bad'
2. From that hour on, any tomato touched by a bad tomato will turn bad itself, on an hourly basis.
3. Tomatoes are constrained within an n*n grid, which restricts propagation of bad tomatoes.
As visible from the rules, this allows for creation of simple models to show the propagation of bad tomatoes. From these, I hope to derive formulae, or sets of rules if formulae are not possible, to make logical predictions.
We shall define the variables as will be used in the description of this investigation as follows:
The hour in which a tomato turns
The grid size (g2)
The number of turned tomatoes in each n
The number of hours taken for all tomatoes to go bad
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Bad Tomatoes (view all)
- GCSE Mathematics - Bad tomatoes
- Bad Tomatoes
- In this project I am going to examine the time taken for a w...
- Bad Tomatoes Investigation
- GCSE Maths Bad Tomato Investigation
""Oliver Baldesare. National Sports Diploma. BTEC Student.
""Jackie Shanahan. Maths. A Level Student.