- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
- Essay length: 1077 words
- Submitted: 10/02/2009
The first 200 words of this essay...
How many squares on a chess board
This is my first piece of mathematics coursework. In this project I will be finding out how many squares on a 8x8 chess board. In this project I will be including labelled drawings, clear enough to allow a non mathematician to follow, clearly written work, initial drawings of each of my steps and a finished formula justified. Finally an extension on my board making it rectangular.
* Spider diagram
* I will be collecting data from different sized grids ranging from 2x2 to 8x8.
* Explanation of how to add up the squares on the grid
* Further calculations
* Create a table of values.
* Formula and formula justified
* Draw a graph
Explanation of how to add up the squares on the grid
1. Count how many singular squares there are
2. Count how many double squares there are.
3. Continue this until you complete the whole shape in this case 4x4.
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Consecutive Numbers (view all)
""Chris Mckellar. Media Studies, IT, English. A Level Student.
""John Plowright. Teacher. Repton School. Derbyshire.