- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access from just £6.99 per month
Comparing magazines and newspapers.
The first 200 words of this essay...
Q. Suresh is comparing magazines and newspapers. He chooses a passage from one newspaper and one magazine. They each contain 100 words and he counts the length of all the words. Suresh then says that the magazine has the shortest words.
Write a hypothesis about the length of words in newspapers and magazines.
Design and carry out an investigation to test your hypothesis.
My aim is to find out whether the words in magazines are shorter than the words in newspapers by comparing the two and using as much of my statistical knowledge as possible.
My hypothesis is that the length of words in magazines, in general, and tabloids will be shorter than those in broadsheet newspapers. I think this is true because magazines/tabloids are mainly a source of light reading and entertainment. Broadsheet newspapers contain more knowledgeable and formal articles.
What to take into account and how I reduce bias to make my investigation fair
I will have to take a number of things into account when I do this investigation. Firstly I will have to make
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £6.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Comparing length of words in newspapers (view all)
- To test if preventing the rehearsal loop by an interference ...
- Word recognition essay
- Marrying Absurd Commentary
- Glasgow Sonnets by Edwin Morgan
- Compare and Contrast Features Of Two Used Software Applicati...
""Salma Ahmed. Law and English. GCSE Student.
""Zoey. University Student.