- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Data Handling - Height and Foot Length
- Essay length: 1585 words
- Submitted: 08/02/2009
The first 200 words of this essay...
DATA HANDLING COURSEWORK
A former year10 class collected the data I will be using a few years ago. All of the students in each of the year 7 tutor groups had their height and foot length measured in centimetres. However, '7Q' were out of school on a trip. Therefore, their data was not recorded.
I will use various methods to prove my hypothesis. These include cumulative frequency curves, box and whisker diagrams, histograms and stem and leaf diagrams. As well as the traditional mean, median, mode and range techniques.
I will firstly conduct the handling by collecting my data. I will do this via the technique of random sampling. I'll do this by typing 148 (amount of data entries) then the #RAN key on my calculator. This will generate a random number between 0 and 148. If the number was a decimal, I would round it up to the nearest whole number. I will press '=' until I have 30 pieces of data for each gender. I will then analyse the data extensively with the methods stated above to try and prove my hypothesis.
I will then handle the data using systematic sampling. This
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Height and Weight of Pupils and other Mayfield High School investigations (view all)
- The relationship between height and weight amongst different...
- Aluminium as used in Aircraft.
- Investigating the Speed of a Marble Rolling Down a Variable...
- Liquid chromatography is a technique used to separate compon...
- Mayfield High School
- Testing 3 Hypotheses on Pupils Height and Weight.
- Statistics GCSE Coursework. Height and weight of pupils. Th...
- I am going to find out the year 10 male average student at W...
- Height and Weight of Pupils
- Statistics coursework Edexcell
""Oliver Baldesare. National Sports Diploma. BTEC Student.
""Jacqueline. Modern Studies and English. GCSE Student