- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Duke of Edinburugh's Silver award - Expedition Log Book.
- Essay length: 4927 words
- Submitted: 28/06/2004
The first 200 words of this essay...
Purposes For The Expedition
I had several purposes for this expedition. My first was to improve on my map and navigation skills as, although I did know how to navigate, I had never really put it into practice because I had always been in groups with a definite map reader however, this time, we did not and so I wanted to get involved with navigation.
My second purpose was to get to know Laura better. I have spent a large amount of time with Mia, Erin and Frankie before however, I had never really spoken to Laura before and I think one of the best things about D of E is getting to know people you didn't know before. By the end of the expedition I knew a lot more about Laura and the others.
My third purpose was to improve at walking long distances as I find this very difficult because I am very unfit! Having done a gold practice before, I was hoping that I wouldn't find this too much of a challenge but I still found it quite tough at some points, like when walking up Phen-y-Ghent! I was very pleased that I could keep
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Pay Phone Problem (view all)
- Some of the characters in Daz 4 Zoe choose to rebel write ab...
- Write an essay in which you describe your job to someone who...
- How does Ambrose Bierce create suspense in "An Arrest&q...
- Matthew Arnold's "Dover Beach"
- The chi-squared test
""Ruth, British Virgin Islands. University Student. Constitutional and Administrative Law.
""Nikolay. Business Studies. BTEC Student.