- Join over 1.2 million students every month
- Accelerate your learning by 29%
- Unlimited access for just £4.99 per month
Edexcel GCSE Statistics Coursework
- Essay length: 5834 words
- Submitted: 03/01/2011
The first 200 words of this essay...
Edexcel GCSE Statistics 1389
PLANNING SHEET - MAYFIELD HIGH
Student Name: Anya Sweilam Class: 11H3
This investigation is based upon the students of Mayfield High School, a fictitious school- there are 1182 students at Mayfield presented within 13 categories. I will be investigating the relationship between height and weight and how these statistics differ between females and males. I have chosen to look at height and weight mainly because in this line of enquiry my data will be numerical and continuous, meaning that I will be able to produce a more detailed analysis. For example, if I had chosen to look at eye colour and hair colour my analysis would be limited and therefore my investigation may be imprecise.
My aim in this investigation is to query whether or not there is a correlation between height and weight and find out if this varies between genders. I believe that as a student becomes taller their weight will increase; due to this assumption I expect a graph of weight and height to show a rising trend. Listed below are my hypotheses.
The height and weight of a person is affected by their age and gender.
Found what you're looking for?
- Start learning 29% faster today
- Over 150,000 essays available
- Just £4.99 a month
Not the one? We have 100's more
Height and Weight of Pupils and other Mayfield High School investigations (view all)
- A hypothesis is the outline of the idea/ideas which I will b...
- I plan to look at mental and physical differences between th...
- Statistics Coursework
- How does the height a ball is dropped from effect the reboun...
- Mayfield High Coursework
- Testing 3 Hypotheses on Pupils Height and Weight.
- Statistics GCSE Coursework. Height and weight of pupils. Th...
- I am going to find out the year 10 male average student at W...
- Height and Weight of Pupils
- Statistics coursework Edexcell
""Shailan, Leicester. A Level Student. Very useful for Biology and Chemistry, also great help in Econo
""Jacqueline. Modern Studies and English. GCSE Student